was just one of those days! I know these days are expected, but I am beginning to think this is my new norm! AHHHHH! I'm trying to decide if I should narrate this or do it in bullted list format...my brain is a little fried right now, so the list format may be a little easier. I just got this inspiration from my good friend Marcy who blogged about her stressful day today as well. You see, it really made me laugh (not at her expense!) but just in relief to know that I am not the only one going crazy around here!! Ha!
So, here's a little background on my stress. We're moving. 10 hours away. Not sure where. Not sure when. All that's up in the air. Little stressful at times! Do I order more checks? Oh, surely we'll have a new address by that time. Nope. Down to 3 checks. Better order some more. Am I missing Kindergarten round up meeitngs in Kansas? Yup! Sure am. But who the heck knows what school we'll be at, so no sense in trying to gather up information yet. AM or PM Kindergarten? Full day or half day? Yes, those are choices up in Kansas. Well, I would prefer PM (for a few reasons), but the meetings at a few of the schools we are looking at are tomorrow and well, I'll just get the leftover slots because again, who knows where we will end up. And yes, I know that Addyson will be able to attend Kindergarten and it won't be all full, but you know......I like these kind of planning meetings!!!
And then there is work. I gave my notice on December 8th that I would be leaving my territory and here I am February 7th, 2 months later, still working!! This is by my choice though. I committed to stay around for as long as they needed me to in order to train the new rep, keep up with my territory, etc. But when it comes down to it, there is just a lot going on right now!! I am also covering another rep's maternity territory via email which is just one more thing on the list to do! Again, I'm not complaining toooooo much here. I did say I would do it, I am still getting paid, I still have a company car, gas card, Amex, etc. It's not too rough, but again, just something else to do!
And then there is the sickness that invades our house! I got really sick last Friday and Saturday. Just a bad cold I think but it knocked me off my feet! No fun! I am feeling better and praying that the kids don't get it. Addyson got an infection on her leg and we have been to the doctor twice in the last 5 days for that with TRAUMATIZING treatments for her that are seriously traumatic for me and everyone else involved. I am sure the kids in the next waiting room were traumatized as well hearing her scream at the tip top of her lungs "MOM NOOOOOOO MAKE THEM STOP!!! PLEASE MOM!! I'LL DO ANYTHING!!!! PLEASE MAKE THEM STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No fun to hear your baby girl looking at you with pure terror yelling those things. Not fun. Just adds to my stress level! They think it was maybe just a hair follicle or something that got infected (very common) and they did a culture of the infection and it is just everyday bacteria. She was on one antibiotic and that was not working, so now we are on another one 3 times a day for 10 more days. Fun times I tell ya!! Hopfully it will get better soon. The underlying thing about this that bothers me is that I think she is prone to getting stuff like this because she has been on Advair asthma medicine for over a year now. There are many studies that show that medication does weaken your immune system. I hate for her to be on so many medications!! Again, mommy stress!
Then there is today. I kept Addyson home from school because of her infection (just wanted to give her a little extra TLC). She has a project due on Friday for school. Yes, she is in Pre-K and yes, she has homework! This is actually the first time they have had a project and lets face it, it's supposed to be fun. Well......I'm sure this is the next 15 years of the parents doing more work for the project than the kid, but alas it begins! She has to decorate a big poster board with 100 items for the 100th day of school. Well, when I was explaining this to her, she got all crazy and whiny saying that it was just too much work to put 100 things on this poster board. She really couldn't do it, blah blah blah. All while melting into a little pile on the floor. Allright, sister- get up off the floor, we have a project to do!!! So, she did come up with the idea of gathering things from the park (sticks, leaves, etc) to put on this poster board. Great idea! We get into the car and drive to the park with our Target bags in tow. Get to the park- whiny fit ensues. "I just can't even imagine picking up 100 things....I can't do this.....I'm not going to do this, blah blah blah"....Me: Addyson Tate- get your hiney out of the car and go pick up some sticks RIGHT NOW!!" Addyson: crying "I can't do it, I'm too cold.... UGGG- drag her to the car, buckle her in and tell her that if she can't do this, then she can spend the rest of the day in her room at home. I go back to the tree, pick up 100 blasted sticks and get back in the car. (Yes, I could see her the entire time). Great work- project is going well. Get Ben picked up, head home and I have the grand idea to cook dinner. I actually made a VERY yummy dinner (Ryan is out of town- just icing on the cake!!) chicken with parmesean topping, steamed carrots, brown rice and everyone sits down to eat. Kids love dinner (that is a plus!) but the kitchen is a huge wreck.....pots and pans everywhere, rice all over the floor thanks to Ben, the list goes on and on.
Bath time for both kids, clean kitchen, read everyone books, brush everyones teeth, administer meds to both children (Ben takes Zyrtec for allergies), and here I am peeps. Oh yes, I have to train the new rep tomorrow and must plan out a day of calls, make sure I am out the door on time tomorrow with lunches packed, back packs packed, my work bag packed, etc. All in a days work. I am going to bed!!!
Oh yes, and on top of this I must make sure our house is 100% clean in the chance that a showing would need to take place. Beds made, clothes picked up off of floor, blinds open, etc etc. So, scratch the bed thing- I have to go clean up the house first!
Don't get me wrong here.....I am truly blessed with the things in my life, some days are just a little hairy! How was your day today?
2 comments:
Okay, now it's my chance to laugh with YOU! First of all I cannot believe you made dinner after all that craziness. Second, I am giggling at the thought of you picking up 100 sticks while Addyson watches from the car. It seems like every mom I know is kind of at a breaking point right now mostly due to all this sickness that is going around! I hope you get kindergarten sorted out soon because I know that's killing you.
Wow! I am stressed out just from reading this post. I am sorry things are so hard right now. I don't think I would've handled myself as calmly as you!
Post a Comment