Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shining Mom Moment

We've had a busy week!! Addyson attended VBS this week at our church. This is the first week she could officially attend and she had a pretty good time! Tonight they had where the kids all come up to church and perform their songs, etc. Good times!

Today after VBS Addyson was WIPED out. She was so tired! She fell asleep in the car on the way home and actually stayed asleep as I carried her in and put her to bed. She slept until 4:00! This was good, but I know she will be up late tonight!

Around 7:30 tonight after we put Ben to bed Addyson and I ran up to Kohls. I have a 30% off coupon (Woo-Hoo!) and so we went to see what we could find. I love that store! They have some of everything! We shopped around and looked here and there. Found some jammies for Bennie Boo. On the way out I looked at my phone and I had missed a call from Ryan. I called him back and he asked if I could stop and get a 12 pack of Miller Lite for his golf outing tomorrow. Hmmmm.....well, honey I really don't like stopping at the gas station for beer at 9:30 with our 4 year old. Looks a little WT if you ask me. I asked if he could just stop on the way to the golf course tomorrow. Oh no, that wasn't going to work because he needs to pack all of the beer in a cooler tonight and get it all ready. Okie Dokie- gas station it is! Just to note- he couldn't get out himself because he was home with Ben!

So, we stopped. 9:30. Gas Station. 12 pack of Miller Lite with my 4 year old. Addyson still sporting the VBS shirt. Yes, it was classy and definitely a shining mom moment!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

This cracked me up! I love JC......and Miller Lite! I wish I had known because I too was at the store with 2 of my kids at 9:30 tonight and I too picked up beer......and a bottle of wine. I guess I'm feeling the strain of constant kids about now and am turning to the drink to calm my nerves. No, but seriously, if I had known I would have told you it was taken care of. Funny!

Hicks House said...

Those husbands and their beer!! Ben had me stopone night to buy a case while I was 8 months pregnant... Yep, I was that girl! Oh well! Are you guys going to party on the patio tonight? If so, we will see you there... Baby free!!!