+192.jpg)
+193.jpg)
This evening Addyson was calling my name and I was in my office. I got up to see what she needed and she was holding my diamond ring in her hand and she said, "Mom, I'm just going to hold this for you so that nothing happens to it." Hmmmm.... this sounded a little suspicious to me or like there was more to the story. I said, Where did you get that from? She said, "In your jewerly box mom" and if you know Addyson she always draws out her words and in this sentence it was the word jewerly being drawn out. I went back to my room and the rest of my jewerly was in place. Thank goodness! I said "PLEASE do not get into mommy's jewerly ever again. I don't want to loose it". She agreed, but thank goodness she told me about it and didn't decide to hide my ring or anything! She said the ring was so beautiful and she was just going to take special care of it. Ha!
+197.jpg)
+198.jpg)
Another thing about Addyson is that she has really been surprising me lately with all of her skills! Vanessa (who she stays with during the day) really works a lot with them on their letters, words, etc. Addyson has known her letters for a while now and so she has been working with her on reading. She is doing so good! She can read a Kindergarten reader all by herself! Tonight when I was reading her a book she asked if she could read it to me and I said Sure! She really amazed me with how many words she knew and if she didn't know a word she really tried to sound it out. She read and figured out words like wing, flower, fly, going and some others in addition to the basic ones such as the, and, is, it, are, on, etc. The book was about butterflies and how catepillars become butterflies. I was quite impressed!
2 comments:
Wow! I am very impressed! I am still working on letters with Christian. Way to go Addyson!
Okay I am CRACKING up about the diamond ring. She is a little dare devil! But I think she felt guilty and wanted to let you know she had it. That is such a funny story though!
I cannot believe how much she can do already. Seriously. I will keep you posted about the kindergarten cirriculum and if it would be challenging for her. Maybe I can bring some stuff home for her to work on.
Post a Comment