Friday, April 2, 2010

Oops....

So yesterday morning I had both kiddos at home. Addyson was home today for Good Friday. Ben was up a lot in the night (3:30, 5:00 and 7:00) and so I was TIRED when Addyson came into our room at 7:20 to be up for the day. I turned on some Dora and Diego and told her I was going back to night night for a little while. Usually she'll lay there and watch cartoons (Ryan made her breakfast and brought it to her in our room) and I am not in a deep sleep where I wouldn't hear her if she needed something. Except apparently I did go back to sleep and she decided to get up and "play" by herself. I woke up frantic after having a dream that there was a tornado and I looked over and Addyson wasn't in the bed and it was 9:06. Oops... The house was quiet and so I went out in the living room and I saw Addyson at the breakfast table and as soon as she saw me she tried to hide something. Probably not a good sign. I walked into the kitchen and saw this on the counter....
You know, tools that every 3 year old should be playing with......Scissors, needle nose pliers and chap stick. Okay, then I look over and see her stool from her bathroom that she has hauled into the kitchen so she could get into the cabinets. So resourceful!
Upon further review, I see that she had used the stool to get up into the candy cabinet. Hmmm...


She had found some nerds and was pouring them into a glass bowl that she had also retrieved from the cabinets. Lovely! She was trying to hide the nerds when I walked into the room...

The conversation went something like this: Me: Addyson why do you have nerds in that bowl?
Addyson: Mmmm, I like to eat nerds (big smile)
Me: You know you're not supposed to come out here and get into the candy.
Addyson: Big smile - trying to charm me over
Me: What is in your hair?
Addyson: Oh, hmm, (as she is examining the hair I am trying to show her), I think that must by taffy
Me: Why is it in your hair?
Addyson: Oh it was all sticky in my room


Great- I go back to her room to see what damage she has done there... I couldn't find any traces of taffy or other sticky candy items thank goodness! All I found was an open tube of Desitin from Ben's room. Upon further investigation I found that she had applied it correctly to herself. Guess she thought she needed some??? Geez...
Note to self: Don't fall asleep and leave Addyson to roam the house!

5 comments:

lisaburgess27 said...

LOVE IT!!!! That is too funny :)

ChelseaSalomone said...

Addy Bear!!!! This is too funny. And yes you were right about the walk- I don't know why I put that. It's the 21st.

Kelsey said...

Thos is too funnt and I can totally imagine Paige doing something similar! The mornings are definitely the hardest for me too. What is his normal routine for night time?

The Clarks said...

I am behind on blog reading. Oh, this is so funny! Your tornado dream must have been God trying to tell you to wake up! I remember having similar days. It's so hard to keep up with #1 when #2 leaves you so exhausted! Glad Addy was o.k. Oh, and LOVE the bench Ryan made! What a handy guy!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh so hard! I just kept thinking, "the life of a mama with 2 or more kids." I have a plentiful amount of stories like yours!