Well, I have been super bad blogger lately. I didn't have my compuer for 2 weeks which was so crazy to me, but it was actually a nice little "break" from my obsession! Plus, I have been tired, no energy, etc. etc. because I am PREGGO with number 2!!! So, I guess that is a pretty good reason, huh?
So, I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant with a due date of March 12, 2010. We were really wanting a spring baby, so this works out just perfectly! I have had a little bit of a bumpy road so far, but now everything looks good (so hesitant to write that!) so I thought I would announce it to the blog world!
I found out like 5 days before I missed my period - anyone that knows me well knows that I am obsessive over HPT (Home Pregnancy tests, for you newbies!) and I always try to find out as soon as possible! So, I got a positive when I was barely 4 weeks pregnant. That sure makes the time go by slowly when you find out that early, but oh well! I had all of my hormones checked (with Addyson I had low progesterone, which can cause miscarriages) and all of that looked good. She wasn't going to check my levels again for like 3 more weeks and I asked if I could check them again in a week and she said okay! Not that I am a fan of getting blood done, it's actually one of my very least favorite things. So, when she re-checked it, my progesterone had gone down to like 11.2 and it has to be at an 11 to sustain the pregnancy. So, I started on injections that I have to get once a week for 12 weeks. That's been fun! But again, you do what you have to do!
So, then at 7 weeks I had my first sono and everything looked good, I thought! We left for Colorado the next day and on the following Wednesday I got a call from the doctor saying she had been trying to get in touch with me and leaving messages at my house. I was like, Well, I'm in Colorado this week! So, she said Dr. C was looking at my sono and noticed that I had 2 small tears in the placenta and that I needed to be on modified bed rest for 3 weeks. Nice- I had just hiked up Mount Crested Butte the day before, carried 34 lb Addyson through DFW airport for 30 minutes running to our gate, etc. Not good ideas for the torn placenta! So, no more carrying Addyson, no more being on my feet a lot, no more standing for long periods of time, just rest. Hence my fun Colorado trip- I couldn't do anything!! But again, you do what you have to do when you are pregnant!
I also was supposed to go to Miami for a week for my sales meeting and I wasn't able to travel due to this as well. Last Friday I went in for another sono to check things out and everything had healed! Yea! I am back to business as usual! :) Although looking back it was kind of nice to be like, I can't clean house, go grocery shopping, etc and I just had to lay around! What was I complaining about??? :)
Addyson has been super sweet about all of this and is VERY excited (for now!) to have a new baby at the house. She kisses my tummy about 500 times a day and is constantly talking about the baby and how she wants to help. Tonight she said- "Mom, when the baby gets here I am going to give it a bath, change it's diaper, give it a bottle and then do TICKLE MONSTER on it!" as she laughed really hard! I said- Okay!! I really do think she'll be a good helper- she's very motherly!
So far I've been craving any kind of fruit! I was up at 3:30 AM the other morning eating Watermelon and that always sounds good to me! So, that's better than hot fudge sundaes that I was wanting last time. The other day we took Addyson to get ice cream and I didn't even want any! That is super weird for me! Oh, and Chicken Mini's at Chick-Fil-A- mmmmmm! I was so mad today I got there at 10:33 and they were out! Darn!
Anyways, that is it for now! I'll keep you all posted as things progress!
18 comments:
congratulations! hope you have a healthy and speedy pregnancy!
Yay! Congratulations!!
Yay! I am so glad it is officially public and I am so relieved your plecenta is good to go now! Now we just get to play the fun waiting game.
Congratulations! What exciting news. I'm glad everything is ok now. Keep us updated.
Congratulations Lisa! That's so exciting and I'm sure Addyson will be a great big sister. I was totally all about the fruit too with Griffin...and no ice cream! Weird!
YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see you at the reunion. Atleast Jessica can have someone to not drink with. :)
YAY!!! I'm so excited for your little family!! Ok...I CRAVED watermelon my entire preganacy! I would sometimes eat an entire one in one sitting :) I'm guessing BOY! :)
Congrats so glad to hear you are doing better!
Sorry, the anonymous comment is from me,I'm holding Madison & trying to type at the same time!!
J Culp
Wow! Congratulations!!! I actually wondered that when you mentioned how much you chilled on your Colorado trip, but then that can be a result of already having a little one. :) I am SOOOOOO excited you you, Ryan and Addyson! My guess is boy.
So happy for you guys! Any bets going on whether it's a boy or girl yet? I am keeping you in my prayers sweeties cause really, boy or girl, all we want is a "healthy"! Hugs and kisses to Ms. Addy.
So excited for you guys!!! Glad it's public now :) I can't promise to love this little (boy I'm guessing) as much as Addyson, but I will try my hardest. I don't even know if I'll love my own kids as much as Addyson. I miss you guys!! We need a game night soon- Nick and I learned a new one you would like, 42 (dominos).
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about the new baby!
Congratulations, Lisa & Ryan! I am guessing it's a girl with that fruit craving.
I'm so excited to get another niece or nephew! Let's try for a boy, because Nana and I have a little bet going...and I hate to lose. Either way, I'm dressing the kid up and making him/her watch Disney with me. Miss and love you! Kiss Addy for me.
Congrats!! That is such exciting news!!
Do you know what I was thinking about randomly today? Do you remember when we had those Mary Kay manicure kits back in the 90s? LOL! I was sooooooo jealous of your "nail kit" and I asked for one for Christmas! I seriously thought that was the coolest thing ever. I remember we would sit back on Beth and Charlie's bed and you would show me all the steps in the kit and each different polish. But you wouldn't let me use it! Ha!!
Congrats, Lisa & Ryan!!
Post a Comment