Well, the trip did get better as the week went on. Thank God!! We arrived in Crested Butte on Sunday, July 26th and we were there until Saturday August 1st. It was kind of a
long week and I don't know that I think Colorado (at least where we were) is the best place for a 2 and a half year old! Actually Ryan and I decided that vacationing with a 2 1/2 year old isn't the best idea all around! She's at an age where she wants to do everything but she's really not old enough to do much.
Here's a quick run-d0wn of the rest of the week:
Sunday- 4 hour drive up the mountains to Crested Butte, got settled into the house, etc.
Monday- we took the ski lift all the way up to the top of the mountain and hiked up a little ways. It was gorgeous views and when we got to the top of the mountain, Addyson said- "What do we do now?" Kids can't appreciate the scenery and the views! Had a picnic, enjoyed being outside!
Tuesday- Ryan and pretty much everyone else in the fam went white water rafting- I stayed home with Addyson and Hallie :)
Wednesday- Addyson woke up lethargic and barfing everywhere. We had a day trip planned for a boat trip through a canyon. We had already bought tickets, etc, but due to Addyson's sudden onset of barfing, Ryan and I stayed home with her! Ryan and I played the Wii and just relaxed all day
Thursday- Ryan went mountain biking (got a minor scrape) in the morning and then we went to lunch in the afternoon at a good pizza place in town. My dad's cousin got a really bad bike accident and had to have 3 layers of stiches! Ouch!
Hmm, this is sounding like a fun trip for Ryan so far!!
Friday- drove through a national park that was close by and hiked up some trails to waterfalls. Beautiful views and then we went to lunch in town. Came home and packed and got ready to leave the next day! Ryan, me, my sister and her hubby went to dinner that night at a good Mexican place.
Saturday, we caught an earlier flight and got home around 5:00. I was so exhausted!
I am without my laptop this week (thus the last trip post!) and I'll get it back next week. I can't download any trip pics yet, but as soon as I can I'll post a few!
1 comment:
That sounds like fun! I'm wondering if Addyson was getting altitude sickness. That used to happen to my cousin Katie a lot! I LOVED LOVED LOVED Addyson's message!! I played it on speaker phone for Nick and then again for my dad and a third time for Rhonda! We just got back last night- I'll give you a call later this week. We need to get together!
Post a Comment