Hello friends!
Sorry I haven't posted in so long- I have good intentions but then stuff just comes up. I am super busy with work right now and also we decided to start potty training Addyson last week. Needless to say, I haven't had much time to update my blog!
Potty training is not going so well. I think Addyson understands the process, but she doesn't want to stop watching Lion King for 2 seconds to go potty! So, I don't think she is ready yet. I have been high strung mama lately because I'm constantly saying "It's time to go potty" and she yells NOOOOOOO and runs the other way. 5 minutes later she pees everywhere and I get mad! Well, not mad at her, just mad at the situation! We are using the plastic underwear (not pull-ups) so that she can definitely tell when she pees. It also gets everywhere, which is not fun. I think we might stop for a few weeks (or months) and see if she cools down a little. Some days ar good though- Saturday she didn't have any accidents at all and so that was good. We'll see....
I leave tomorrow for Austin for a meeting and I'll be back Friday night. I'll post more later and some recent pics I have taken of you know who!
3 comments:
I dread the potty training process. I know I have a while, but I have heard it is very stressful! Good luck and I will be coming to you in a year or so for tips :)
I was just reading in my book Touchpoints that it really isn't necessary to start potty training until around 3. That way they are more than ready and it shouldn't be too difficult. It sounds like a pain! I am not looking forward to all that potty stuff, but it sure will be nice to be done with diapers. So don't feel like a failure if you have to stop for a few months and then try again. Oh and no the last pregnancy I gained 60 gross pounds and it took a year to get skinny again so this time I am taking it a lot slower with stuffing my face!
Girl, I understand your pain. Let me tell you, potty training is a marathon, not a sprint. As someone who has just gone through this, I would tell you to wait and try again in a couple months to see if she's ready. She may surprise you. I've learned that if they're not really ready, there's no use in trying.
Post a Comment